This ad is expired.
Athletic Facilities Maint Coordinator
Close Date: 22-November-2022 - REPOSTED
Salary Range: $42,000 per year
Under the general direction of the Athletic Facilities Maintenance Manager, coordinates and performs the maintenance and preparation of facilities such as Alberta B. Farrington (ABF) Softball Stadium, Sun Devil Soccer/Lacrosse Stadium, Wrestling and Gymnastics Practice Facilities, as well as a variety of other facilities, assigned for professional, collegiate, and high school events. Ensures that goals and objectives are met with strict adherence to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the department, the University, and the Arizona Board of Regents.
- Coordinates and maintains all aspects of assigned facilities (ABF and/or Soccer/Lacrosse), building/facility, seating areas and practice areas.
- Coordinates and performs work (ensuring resources are used efficiently) associated with the maintenance and preparation of assigned facilities for athletic competitions, events and practices including but not limited to: building, property, grounds, painting, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and other repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Oversees assigned operations budgets as requested and directed by supervisor. Prepares reports as directed.
- Acquires full knowledge of Sun Devil Athletics' (SDA) venues and facilities, including knowledge of keys for doors, housekeeping responsibilities, risk management procedures, identifying maintenance needs, facility floor plans, building codes, etc.
- Supervises and assists with setup, tear down and clean-up duties for athletic events, including but not limited to: setup and tear down of: press table, field and court equipment, bleachers, tables, chairs, barricades, audio/video equipment, locker rooms, painting field lines and logos, etc.
- Coordinates, schedules and submits work requests for assigned facilities, acting as liaison with coaching staff and administrator to ensure coordination of availability based on athletic practice and event schedules.
- Coordinates required services by working closely with ASU's Facilities Maintenance department and other vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of required tasks.
- Recruits, hires, schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates assigned student staff. Prepares and submits time records for assigned staff per established policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Athletic Operations and Facilities (AOF) staff, as well as coaches and other SDA staff members, to secure staff and to prepare and maintain athletic facilities and grounds as needed.
- Assists with special projects within AOF including assisting with planning, supervising and staging major athletic events and ancillary special events held within Sun Devil Athletic Facilities as requested by supervisor and/or Sr. Associate Athletic Director.
- Creates and implements work plans in accordance with established unit and departmental objectives and funding limitations.
- Plans equipment usage and procedures for assigned facilities.
- Coordinates receiving, disbursements, rentals, supply maintenance and storage for assigned facilities.
- As directed, prepares bid specifications, evaluates bids, and makes recommendations to the Athletic Facilities Maintenance Manager for related equipment, materials and services.
- Ensures all required game equipment (i.e. scoreboards, sound systems, lighting, sport specific equipment, goals, nets, play clocks, etc.), pertaining to game day execution is operational. Troubleshoots game day issues regarding videoboards, scoreboards, shot/play clocks and A/V systems.
- Monitors the condition of facilities and grounds, coordinating assessment with coaching staff, administrator and Risk Management. Ensures all aspects of the facilities are ready for competition, including equipment, housekeeping, grounds, etc. Ensures coaching staff's needs are met concerning facility & operational issues.
- Assists with the preparation of contingency plans and resolution of emergencies related to facilities maintenance (i.e. power failure, inclement weather).
- May monitor/control various sub-components of the turf system, including but not limited to irrigation and equipment.
- For all assigned facilities, conducts and completes weekly facility walk-th roughs and checklists.
- May act as the primary game day manager (or secondary manager) for assigned events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the department, the University, and the AZ Board of Regents.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree and one year directly related work experience which includes supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in athletic facility maintenance within college athletics (Dl experience a plus).
- Experience in maintaining overall venues for competition.
- Experience in athletic equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of natural and artificial turf maintenance a plus.
- Experience in hiring, supervising and training of staff.
- Experience in layout and painting of athletic fields.
- Experience in identifying and setting priorities to effectively manage time.
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays and have a flexible schedule correlating with the college athletics schedule.
- Experience in making decisions in a changing environment and anticipating future needs.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Experience in interacting effectively with coaches and administrators.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
Activities are regularly performed outdoors, including in extreme weather conditions. Activities rarely performed in environmentally controlled office setting. Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Events may require flexibility to work long days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions. Regular use of standard office equipment, including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, calculator, copier, telephone, and associated computer/technology peripherals Operates large power lawn mowers, edger, hand tools and large vehicles associated with grounds maintenance and landscaping activities. Operates motor vehicle.
The Sun Devil Athletics (SDA) programs are elite, high profile Division I programs. By definition, Division I programs are the "best of the best" and the ladder by which athletes ascend to the world of professional sports and international competitions, such as the Olympics and World Cup. Moreover, Arizona State University and SDA compete in the PAC-12 conference. This conference is known for having won more NCAA national championships in team sports than any other conference in history.The vision of SDA is to be a comprehensive perennial top ten NCAA Division I athletics program that empowers Sun Devils to maximize human potential and make a positive impact on our university, community and the world.The mission of SDA is to provide opportunities for student-athletes to achieve at the highest levels of both academic and athletic excellence, thereby providing them with opportunities for personal growth, offering a unifying force to the campus community, and creating a source of pride among and support from the external constituencies of the university. SDA promotes identity, inclusion and expression to build a strong Sun Devil Community reflective of ASUs charter.SDA affirms ASUs commitment to equal employment and is fully committed to the principles of student-athlete welfare, competing with integrity, gender equity and inclusion, ethnic diversity, and sportsmanship. This commitment includes creating an environment where student-athletes contribute to a winning tradition while enhancing the campus and local community and competing in a program having integrity and high ethical standards. SDA is committed to a leadership role within the university, community, the Pac-12 Conference, and the nation.SDA is committed to recruit, retain and develop a gender equitable, inclusive and diversified workforce.ASU offers up to 24 hours of professional development opportunities per year and a competitive benefits package, which includes paid vacation and holidays, health insurance, free mental health resources, employee discounts and more. In particular, ASU offers a generous tuition discount for employees, their spouses, dependents and retirees. Working in SDA also provides unique access to sporting events and athletic-related discounts.For more information on ASU benefits, please visit http://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefitsenrollment.The vision of SDA is to be a comprehensive perennial top ten NCAA Division I athletics program that empowers Sun Devils to maximize human potential and make a positive impact on our university, community and the world.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASUs Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
How to Apply
To view the full description and to apply, please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4650152
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency