This ad is expired.
Director of Plant Operations
Job ID: 251667
Location: Columbus State University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Columbus State University seeks an innovative, collaborative leader to serve as its Director of Plant Operations. This position assists the Assistant Vice President of University Operations & Facilities, the Director of Campus Planning, and other applicable leadership with planning and executing projects that accomplish the University's need for renovations and new construction. The incumbent serves to assist in defining the project's objectives and overseeing quality control throughout its life cycle. This includes acting as a liaison between administration, architects, third-party contractors, skilled tradesmen, engineers, and consultants to deliver projects according to plan, within strict deadlines, and with budget constraints. Responsible for leading the Building Maintenance teams, which are responsible for managing all aspects of plant operations, maintenance, and repair of Main and Riverpark Campus facilities and all related systems (exterior and interior) therein.
Significant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees as-built/construction documentation database management, and capital construction projects
- Establishes and administers a preventative maintenance program on both campuses
- Participates in the programming and design of the renovation and new construction projects in coordination with architects, engineers, contractors, and University administrators
- Along with the Director of Campus Planning, solicits bids for and negotiates prices of inspections, equipment, and bulk purchases and retains cost sheets
for later projects; ensures the quality, price, and timely delivery of purchased equipment and materials
- Assists the Director of Campus Planning in reviewing and implementing the internal project management of major capital projects designed by outside
- Directs and manages project development from concept to completion
- Completely oversees any renovations for both CSU and FPI spaces
- Conducts regular inspections of work in progress and upon completion
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Transportation and Environmental Safety to promote a safe work environment internally and with external contractors and ensures adherence to workplace safety and regulations
- Stays abreast of state-of-the-art materials and methods in all functional areas and ensures appropriate training and professional development opportunities are provided to staff
- Responsible for all departmental personnel matters, including onboarding, performance evaluations, professional development, grievances, and corrective action as needed
- Provides recommendations for cost-effective and time-efficient solutions for maintenance and construction efforts, setting priorities and work schedules based on needs and costs analysis
- Develops project budget and manages project funds throughout the life of the project; assuring that all required project approvals are obtained as appropriate
- Coordinates and monitors the status of work orders, estimates, requests, estimated labor costs, and purchased materials and equipment and communicates daily with the Assistant Vice President of University Operations & Facilities regarding these statuses and costs
- Supports opportunities to work collaboratively with students and faculty on initiatives that contribute to the overall educational mission of the University
- Represents the organization's interests in committees both within the University and externally
- Consults and advises university personnel involved in writing project justification proposals
- Compiles complex data for reports, budgets, studies, and other projects
- Inspects buildings and utility systems to determine the need for any alterations and repairs and accompanies appropriate State and local authorities on said inspections as needed
- Oversees first full assessment of major equipment items (boilers, HVAC units, water heaters, etc.) for all FPI properties (PPV and non-PPV); maintains the spreadsheet document that was created to capture aging equipment data as a baseline for FPI to adequately stay ahead
- Directs all Preventative Maintenance measures, inspects, and testing for all major HVAC equipment and systems, elevator/chair lifts, chemical water treatment, fire alarm systems, monitoring systems, fire speaker systems, fire extinguishers, fire doors, boiler inspections, etc.
- Assesses issues with tenant properties including all sight meetings, assessment of issues, determination of repairs or renovations scope, pricing of scope, coordinating schedules of work, and ordering of equipment and materials
- Oversees the entire process of scheduled FCARs (Facility Condition Assessment Report) with PPV properties coordinated with the Board of Regents. Awards the contract to the architect, schedules all meetings with BOR/architect, completes all due diligence for the architect; oversees the onsite visit by the architect, manages their rough draft and final draft development of the FCAR through final acceptance by the BOR
- Performs any other related duties as assigned
Key qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, Construction Science, or other related field required
- A minimum of seven to ten years of increasingly responsible experience in capital planning, real estate, facilities design, construction, facilities management, development and oversight of capital projects and space management, or related experience is required
- Ability to utilize software programs including, but not limited to, AutoCAD, Banner, Microsoft Project, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Knowledge of state and local building and sanitation codes
- Knowledge of building maintenance techniques and equipment, safety precautions and procedures, and the operation of plumbing and heating systems
- Knowledge of fire and safety regulations and procedures
- Understanding of engineering specifications and familiarity with industrial ordering
- Familiarity with inspection procedures for such industrial equipment as elevators and high-pressure boilers
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple building trades on multiple projects while recognizing the limitations of various crafts
- Ability to read and interpret plans sketches, drawings, and blueprints of buildings and equipment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, exhibit collegiality, and deliver excellent customer service
- Prior experience leading a diverse project team with conflicting interests, priorities, needs, or requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of diverse and equitable communities and the ability to create an inclusive team environment
An understanding of the facilities and physical-plant operations of a university is preferred, as is experience supervising multiple direct reports in multiple locations. A Master's degree in a relevant field and experience in higher education or an educational setting is also preferred.
The annualized salary range for this position is $75,162 - $83,432 and includes full benefits.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbus State University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a sense of belongingness for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Columbus State University to recruit, hire, train, promote, and educate persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Special Applicant Instructions
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. All applications and required documents must be submitted using Columbus State University's online employment site and a complete packet must be submitted for full consideration.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=251667&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency