Custodian (Dorm Crew) Female Preferred
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
Due to our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
General Summary: Provides custodial services for University residence halls (restrooms, hallways, lounges, lobbies, and other common areas). Trains, directs, and supervises 10-15 part-time temporary workers during the academic year and 4-6 full-time temporary workers during the summer. Primarily works M-F, 8am-5pm. May occasionally be asked to work evenings and weekends to support university program event needs. Will carry mobile phone during work hours for the ability to call and text student workers, as well as be dispatched to resolve problems that arise.
Cleans assigned campus residence hall areas daily.
- Daily Cleaning includes:
- Cleans and sanitizes residence hall restrooms and shower rooms, including fixtures, in accordance with Facility department's established practices/procedures. Follows instructions and safety guidelines regarding use of chemicals and supplies.
- Cleans floors in residence hall restrooms, hallways, and common areas (mops, vacuums)
- Empties wastebaskets and trash containers; refills restroom dispensers; replaces light bulbs.
- Cleans glass on entry ways & interior doors (hand prints).
- Cleans and sanitizes residence hall kitchenettes.
- Cleans as needed:
- Dusts and wipes furniture.
- Performs cleaning and related activities in the near vicinity of buildings and entry ways using hand-operated leaf blower and/or remove snow or debris; sweep stairs, sidewalks, and entry mats.
- Adds water to floor drains as needed.
- Refills spray bottles with correct blend of concentrated cleaning solution and water.
- Uses 6 foot ladder when required for work assignments (changes light bulbs, cleans light diffusers, cleans walls & ceilings.)
- Uses and maintains assigned power equipment and hand tools such as vacuum cleaner, auto scrubber, broom, mop, and squeegee; for cleaning and general maintenance of the floors, carpets, walls, etc. Operates high-pressure washer, roto-washer, carpet extractor, buffer, and/or other floor care equipment as needed.
- Cleans appliances in residence hall kitchenettes. (student employees are not allowed to clean ovens)
- May move furniture, equipment, supplies, and tools on an occasional basis; most often to return rooms to their original configuration and/or for cleaning purposes.
- Trains, equips, and supervises 10-15 part-time student employees. This includes monitoring employees' punctual attendance and quality of work, and ensuring all tasks are done correctly. Responsible for ensuring assigned temporary student employee's work assignment is completed when worker is absent.
- Performs summer deep cleaning of residence hall dorm rooms.
- Occasionally moves furniture, equipment, supplies and tools; most often to return rooms to their original configuration and/or for cleaning purposes. Occasionally cleans furniture. Occasionally cleans appliances and living areas between occupancies in residential houses/areas. Occasionally lays carpet tiles in the gym and/or assist with other campus event support activities.
- All Facilities employees are designated as "essential staff" and are subject to working during times that the university closes due to inclement weather or an emergency.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Education or training at the level to ensure ability to understand, speak, read, and write English.
- Must have at least 1 year of custodial or related experience, 2 or more years is preferred.
- Work experience that proves good judgement in making decisions, asking for help, bringing forward problems, communication with others, and working around moving machinery.
- Valid Washington State Driver's license, must have and maintain a good driving record
- Ability to properly use hand tools and power equipment used in the custodial trade.
- Must be able to drive university service vehicle daily (small pickup truck).
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds. Must be able to transport, load and unload materials (heavy equipment, rags, spray bottles, and other cleaning equipment, supplies. Must be able to walk and stand all day. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders while carrying supplies or equipment.
- Must be able to carry, deploy, climb and lift a 6-foot ladder and have ability to work from ladders and elevated platforms.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions. Must be able to work independently and as a member of a culturally diverse team.
- Effective work habits, including commitment to quality of work, attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to the University's Christian ministry and mission statement.
Position will remain open until filled.
Salary: $37,440 annually
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency