Facilities Mechanical & Utilities Engineer
Finance and Business is a values-driven organization that supports thousands of university faculty, staff, and students, while also providing services to the broader community and society. The Office of Physical Plant is part of the Finance and Business team and is an organization driven by its mission to "Provide Excellent Facilities Services for Penn State." The Office of Physical Plant's values follow those of Penn State's and we are especially committed to our vision to be nationally recognized as a leader in Higher Education facilities, environmental, and safety management. In our search for excellence, we foster a unified high-performing team with mutual respect for each person's uniqueness, talents, value, and perspective. We also firmly believe in Penn State's value of Respect, which encourages us to "respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse and inclusive community." As an incoming team member of the Office of Physical Plant, it will be expected that all employees embody and model Penn State's and Finance and Business's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Office of Physical Plant, Department of Engineering Services is seeking a Facilities Mechanical Engineer (FME). This person will be responsible for engineering support services on building mechanical, plumbing, and infrastructure systems across multiple Commonwealth Campus locations in order to enhance the design, construction, operation, maintenance aspects, and overall wise stewardship of the University's facilities. Periodic travel to campus locations across the Commonwealth will be required.
Minimum qualifications: Requires a bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering or equivalent, plus at least 10 years of work-related experience. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher-level jobs. A basic, broad understanding of common building mechanical (HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection) systems is necessary. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
Other qualifications: The successful candidate will have experience with some or all of the following:
- Demonstrated proficiency in HVAC - theory, processes, equipment, and systems;
- Fluency and proficiency in comprehending technical drawings and specifications;
- Experience evaluating proposed solutions and troubleshooting existing systems in both controls and physical operation;
- Familiarization with commissioning, testing, and balancing requirements for HVAC systems;
- Aptitude in identifying and quantifying energy savings opportunities;
- Familiarization with applicable ASHRAE standards and code requirements as they apply to HVAC systems;
- Effective communication skills including strong oral and written interpersonal skills;
- Coordination with design professionals, user representatives, suppliers, manufacturers, project managers, and technical staff on requirements for mechanical projects;
- LEED credentials and experience are preferred;
- Completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred;
- Experience in the design and/or operation and maintenance of specialty HVAC systems such as animal facilities, general science, chemical or biological research laboratories, clean rooms, autopsy/dissection facilities, etc. would be beneficial but not mandatory.
Workforce diversity, cultural inclusiveness, and employment equity are deeply rooted in Penn State's historic mission. Just as we are committed to being a diverse educational environment, we are also committed to being a diverse working community. As a community, we endeavor to be a mixture of cultural backgrounds, life experiences, individual perspectives, and numerous other characteristics that add variety and vitality to the workplace.
More information on all the benefits associated with employment at the university can be found on the Penn State jobs website: https://psu.jobs/. We ArePenn State!
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Facilities-Mechanical---Utilities-Engineer_REQ_0000024885-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency