Facilities Supervisor 4
Penn State Abington is seeking a Facilities Supervisor, Level 4, for the Facilities Maintenance & Operations Department within the Business Operations unit at Penn State Abington.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director for Facilities, the Facilities Supervisor will perform the following:
- Oversee buildings and grounds maintenance activities and monitor and inspect completed work
- Responsible for routine facility inspections and ensures regular and required testing of systems and alarms
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for all maintenance and repair activities related to HVAC/MEP/Elevator equipment and other essential building systems and services including HVAC equipment, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire alarm systems, pest control, waste management, emergency generators, elevators, etc. and manage related inventory of supplies and equipment
- Hire, train, and supervise 16 unionized employees who are responsible for building maintenance and grounds.
- Create an environment that promotes and recognizes the value of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and supports related goals through hiring, retention, promotional activities, and training.
- Administer the University/Teamsters Local 8 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Assign, estimate, inspect and prioritize work orders and ensure a safe work environment for employees and the campus community
- Responsible for essential services and required to respond to emergencies and manage inclement weather events (e.g., snow removal) during and after regular business hours, as needed
- Conducts daily tours of buildings including occupant follow up to ensure suitable conditions are maintained
The successful incumbent will have a strong background in building operations, knowledge of HVAC and MEP systems in commercial and residential applications. Successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a wide variety of stakeholders. Incumbent will have a proven track record of supervisory and team-building expertise as well as strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Knowledge of building, electrical, and fire codes as well as ASHRE standards is required.
Typical requirements of this position include a Bachelor's degree or higher plus three years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires the successful completion of standard background checks. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
Experience managing facilities within a higher education institution is a plus. Preference given to candidates who have a minimum of five years of building and/or plant engineering experience with commercial buildings, MEP systems background, building digital control systems and utilities infrastructure, preferably in a unionized environment, in higher education or similarly complex environment.
Located just 15 miles north of Center City Philadelphia, Penn State Abington is situated on a beautifully landscaped, 50-acre suburban campus. Penn State Abington is Penn State University's most diverse Commonwealth Campus.
Penn State Abington offers an affordable, accessible, and high-impact education resulting in the success of a diverse student body. It is committed to student success through innovative approaches to 21st century public higher education within a world-class research university. With about 3,700 students, Penn State Abington is a residential campus that offers baccalaureate degrees in 23 majors, undergraduate research, the Schreyer honors program, NCAA Division III athletics, and more.
For full consideration, please submit a letter of interest and resume. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Abington/Facilities-Supervisor-4_REQ_0000029887
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency