General Maintenance Person- San Diego
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The General Maintenance role, under the general direction of the Chief Facilities Officer or Campus Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for completing most of the general maintenance repairs, including electrical, carpentry, lock smith, plumbing and painting for the building and grounds on the San Diego Campus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to work requests
- Troubleshoot electrical contact, switches and replace light bulbs
- Capacity to clean a drainage
- Fix a water leak
- Basic skills of different trades, such as drywall installation, painting, carpet installation,or tile installation
- Report supply shortages so that basic materials are keep in stock.
- Ensure prompt response to requests.
- Ensure framing is to code.
- Ensure that work site is kept clean and safe for all concerned.
- Follow instructions/plans provided by the Chief Facilities Officer, supervisor or project manager.
- Repair/Maintenance of facilities
- Respond to requests for maintenance issues, such as plumbing, painting, or electrical work
- Work in a safe manner.
- If the repair or task assigned is outside of their capability or authority, to consult with the Chief Facilities Officer to about the issue, and if directed, engage or work with contracted, external experts in their field (i.e. - certified technicians)
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and radio communications use preferrable.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse background.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines.
- Maintain composure under high stress conditions.
- Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions for multiple tasks at the same time
- Capacity to move, relocate furniture and equipment
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) years working in construction, as an electrician, carpenter, or general maintenance person preferred. Experience working in higher education campus setting highly desirable.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: California Drivers License and valid automobile insurance. OSHA certifications as applicable
- Please submit a resume and cover letter
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions,
training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age,
marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other
underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which
are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age
Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: San Diego
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 160381
To apply, visit https://jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com/Alliant/job/San-Diego-General-Maintenance-Person-San-Diego-CA-92131/695459301/
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency