This ad is expired.
- Grounds Maintenance Worker - FULL-TIME 1.0 FTE - 12 Month
- Go to our website »
Grounds Maintenance Worker - FULL-TIME 1.0 FTE - 12 Month
Location: Yuba College - Marysville, CA.
Yuba College is seeking an equity-minded, dynamic, collaborative, and innovative employee to serve as the Grounds Maintenance Worker
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Maintenance & Operations, perform routine maintenance and gardening on campus grounds, athletic fields and other landscaped areas; assist in the maintenance and repair of irrigation systems.
Essential Duties Summary:
- Prepare soil; plant trees, grass and shrubs; mow grass; prune trees and shrubs. (E)
- Assist in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of irrigation and drainage systems, including
- electric timers and valves. (E)
- Operate lawn mower, edger, weeder, sweeper, rototiller, tractor, skip loaders and other grounds maintenance
- equipment and tools. (E)
- Maintain equipment as necessary; sharpen reels, replace bearings and seals; grind bed knives. (E)
- Sweep sidewalks; rake leaves and lawns; collect paper and trash and perform general grounds cleaning. (E)
- Remove fallen trees, stumps, weeds, undergrowth and debris. (E)
- Apply pesticide and herbicides according to established procedures. (E)
- Load and unload trucks with equipment, plants and materials; clean and perform routine maintenance and
- minor repairs on grounds maintenance equipment and tools. (E)
- Renovate and maintain athletic fields as assigned; core, drag, grade and overseed fields; install irrigation
- lines. (E)
- Move, install and paint concrete parking bumpers and parking lot and roadway signs. (E)
- Assist in the installation and repair of concrete walks, patios and mowing strips.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Proper use and maintenance of grounds maintenance tools and power equipment.
- Shrubs, trees and lawn planting and care.
- Chemicals and fertilizers used in grounds maintenance.
- Safety rules and regulations.
- Operate and use grounds maintenance equipment and tools.
- Perform heavy physical labor.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions. Apply grounds maintenance chemicals safely and effectively according to established procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and one year of grounds maintenance
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid California drivers license.
- Qualified Pesticide Applicators Certificate within six months of employment.
- Outdoor environment.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
- Seasonal heat and cold or adverse weather conditions.
- Pollen, dust and fumes.
- Lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects.
- Seeing to perform grounds work.
- Heavy physical labor.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate grounds equipment and tools.
- Bending at the waist.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Fertilizer and pest control chemicals.
- Working around and with machinery having moving parts.
Range/Step: Range 19, CSEA Salary Schedule
Salary Range: $2,983.05 - $4,204.95/MO. Steps 1 - 11
BENEFITS/SALARY: The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependents for positions whose FTE is .60 or higher, valued at over $20,000 annually with a $310.50 monthly out of pocket expense to employees + dependents for their monthly medical premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, one (1) life insurance policy and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) which is integrated with Social Security, 457/403b options, Vacation days - 7.33 hrs per month for the first year, 96 hours of vacation leave per years 1-5, 12 sick days and 20 holidays.
This position is anticipated to be assigned to Yuba College but may be assigned temporarily or permanently within the District.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-8765.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Categorically funded positions are contingent upon funding. In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Yuba College is a tobacco free campus.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR: The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
INTERVIEW: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: *Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT:* Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
Posting Number: AS681P
Open Date: 04/03/2023
Review Start Date: 06/02/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please carefully read the application instructions for this position. APPLICATION PROCEDURE & DEADLINE: A on-line Classified application and the Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (attach in Word document), 3 reference contacts are required. Each section of the on-line application must be completed. If sections are left out on the on-line application, your application will be automatically disqualified.
To apply, visit https://yccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/3388
EEO Statement As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency