Maintenance Technician – HVAC II
Maintains, trouble shoots and repairs Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment and building automation controls. Provides safe, clean, functional and sustainable environments with a common goal of supporting students, faculty and staff in their endeavors to achieve academic excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs of HVAC equipment and building automation controls.
- Interpret building blueprints and control schematics.
- Evaluate needed repairs, identifies materials, and hours required to accomplish repairs.
- Attend training classes and seminars as directed to maintain skills.
- Maintains accurate records of work performed.
- Determine scope and perform projects as directed.
- Perform general building maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make electrical and copper repairs on A/C units, i.e., sweating copper.
- Ability to document and track preventive maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of A/C thermostat installations and operations.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
- Ability to read and understand safety procedures.
- Ability to use all trade appropriate tools.
- Ability to perform general building maintenance tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work within Microsoft Office Suite and other database software.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work assigned, additional and on -call hours as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of accredited HVAC trade school or three (3) years of experience in HVAC trade.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Florida driver's license
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE) Certification
- Valid Universal EPA card
- Experience troubleshooting and programming Building Automation Controls – preferably Trane, Allerton, or Daikin
Open until filled. Apply on-line https://ringling.simplehire.com
Ringling College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency