San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: District Office
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Maintenance Supervisor located at the District Office. The work schedule is 12 months per year; 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This position is represented by the California School Employees Association (CSEA), Chapter 363.
Under general supervision, organize and coordinate the day-to-day operation of the maintenance department and assure its overall efficiency and effectiveness; coordinate communications and the flow of paperwork, perform a variety of complex clerical, standard and advanced operational tasks and provide general support to assigned supervisor; process materials not requiring the immediate attention of the supervisor; prepare documents and materials using automated equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist supervisor in the administration and operation of the maintenance department, including coordination and implementation of policies and procedures for both emergency and normal maintenance operations.
2. Assist in the planning, care, and maintenance of District properties, buildings, and equipment.
3. Respond and follow up with customers on all maintenance issues in a timely manner.
4. Monitor work order systems, assign work to appropriate staff, follow through to completion and notifies originators of work completion.
5. Coordinate and set up district-wide operational services and inspections in areas such as grease interceptors, elevators, fire/burglar monitoring, cafeteria equipment, and hazardous waste shed, etc.
6. Search and contact vendors for quotes; plan and manage the services for back-flow devices.
7. Interact with outside consultants and contractors; prepare independent contractor agreements; and schedules meetings with contractors and assists in their needs.
8. Maintain a calendar of vendor service visits to ensure smooth operation of cafeteria.
9. Assist in obtaining operating elevator permits from governing agencies.
10. Prepare and maintain budget information and cost estimates associated with projects and facilities maintenance.
11. Order, receive, and maintains materials and supplies. Process invoices for payment.
12. Respond to routine inquires using standardized formats, and use judgment to refer unusual or complex inquires to supervisor.
13. Prepare and keep records of service reports by gathering, organizing, and summarizing information from a variety of sources.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Organization, time management and standard office procedures.
2. Work Order System program such as SPMMS.
3. Familiar with independent contract agreements.
4. Emergency and disaster preparedness for facilities and equipment.
5. Principles and procedures of record-keeping and basic report preparation.
6. Record keeping principles and procedures.
7. Budget formulation, execution and control.
8. Vendor selection and service quotes review.
9. Modern office methods and equipment including computer terminal usage and office application software.
1. Explain policies, rules and regulations.
2. Work independently in the absence of supervision.
3. Determine work priorities and follow through on tasks.
4. Train, plan, and direct work of other employees
5. Make effective professional decisions based on available facts using considerable independent judgment and a required knowledge and experience in the field of building maintenance.
6. Understand the budget of maintenance services and recognize potential cost impacts related to maintaining District buildings.
7. Ability to operate a work order system ensuring that service orders are assigned, completed and closed in a timely manner.
8. Compile and maintain accurate and complete records and files; prepare reports
9. Communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
10. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with employees, vendors, and other public entities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Any combination of education, training and/or certification equivalent to: two years of college-level course work in a related area.
2. Two years of service related work experience. Lead experience is preferred.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$63,057 - $76,971 Annual Salary (Range 96: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2019-2020). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 18 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency