Transportation Assistant Manager - Transportation and Automotive Services (F&S)
Facilities and Services
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
Facilities & Services (F&S) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for a Transportation Assistant Manager. Under direct supervision of the F&S Director, Operations, Maintenance, and Alterations - Director, Transportation and Automotive Services - Transportation Assistant Manager performs a variety of supervisory, managerial and administrative duties concerning Facilities & Services - Transportation & Automotive Services (TAS) operations. TAS includes the Car Pool, UI Ride and administrative support for University Fleet operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide overall supervision of daily Car Pool and UI Ride operations
2. Maintain vehicle (Fleet) master file for the University and generates reports
3. Provide customer assistance in regard to questions about vehicle charges, rates, vehicle policies, etc.
4. Hires and supervises Car Pool employees for, and assists with, daily Car Pool rental operations
5. Supervises billing process for Car Pool operations
6. Receives all new University fleet equipment and initiates check-in procedure
7. Maintain title, license plate and inventory records for the University fleet
8. Assists in developing, communicating and interpreting University and Campus policies and vehicle related procedures
9. Trains new Garage and Car Pool employees in dispatching vehicles, assigning replacement vehicles, and all other rental operation procedures
10. Coordinates with University departments and vendors regarding the acceptance, payment and disposal of University fleet equipment
11. Maintain Fleet credit card assignments
12. Monitor vehicles for effective assignment, usage and trade points
13. Drive and operate all Car Pool vehicles as necessary for daily operations
14. Other duties as assigned
Required Work Experience:
1. Three years of work experience involving the dispatch of vehicles, maintenance of a fleet of vehicles, scheduling of charter trips, or other activities directly related to the operation of an automotive fleet, one year of which included supervisory duties
2. Valid State of Illinois driver's license at the time of appointment, the class of the license depending on the type of vehicle(s) to be operated
Preferred Work Experience:
Previous experience in a university or government fleet
Successful Candidates will have:
1. Ability to organize work activities and operations
2. Skill in supervising and training persons
3. Ability to analyze data and prepare reports
4. Good verbal and written communication skills
5. Mathematical ability adequate to prepare elementary statistical reports
6. Ability to deal effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the public
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This is a full-time Civil Service Transportation Assistant Manager position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after June 15, 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION:
Applications must be received by June 15, 2021. Apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you may be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms
Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), academic credentials (unofficial transcripts), and names/contact information for three references
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position using the "Apply for Position" button. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about the position, you may contact Nicole McCurry at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency