- Director, Housing Facilities - (Administrator II) - Housing, Dining and Conference Services
- Go to our website »
Director, Housing Facilities - (Administrator II) - Housing, Dining and Conference Services
Job No: 527848
Work Type: Management (MPP)
Location: San Francisco
Categories: MPP, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
Director, Housing Facilities
Administrator Level (for MPP positions only)
This position is an Administrator II in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), reporting to the Executive Director of Housing, Dining & Conference Services.
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Housing, Dining & Conference Services
Full-Time (FTE 1.0)
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Anticipated Hiring Range
$9,500.00-$10,000.00 per month ($114,000.00-$120,000.00 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Director for Housing Facilities provides leadership, strategy, and oversight for the delivery of services to fulfill the department's goals, objectives, and policies set by the Executive Director of Housing, Dining & Conference Services. The Director achieves these objectives through the coordinated accomplishments of the assigned staff to ensure its complex daily responsibilities for maintenance, custodial/housekeeping, facilities operations, and projects is delivered. The department achieves its goals through the practice of sound financial management and business principles. The department values continuous improvement to achieve maximum efficiencies to support the enrollment target of the University. The Director for Housing Facilities is responsible for establishing a culture of collaboration and partnership while representing the unique needs of Housing Services.
The Housing, Dining & Conference Services (HDCS), a department within Administration and Finance (A&F), offer thousands of students, faculty, staff and grandfathered residents a wide array of housing options to support their educational mission. In addition to housing, HDCS supports dining options for students and guests, summer conference programs and event management for campus constituents and external clients
Leadership and Personnel Management
- Leads, directs and supervises HDCS's Facilities Housing staff to achieve excellence in the performance of work assignments and in the identification, development and execution of strategic initiatives in support of department, division and University strategic plans.
- Addresses personnel matters arising from HDCS including employee recruitment, retention, performance management (organizational and individual), labor/employee relations, training, and development.
- Represents the ED on services provided and gather information on enhancement opportunities which increase the viability of the department.
Operation and Compliance
- Analyze and develop policies and procedures within and across organizational lines to review and improve workflow that ensures effective, efficient and continuous facilities housing services at the University.
- Provides collaborative leadership in the sustainable operations, maintenance, and management of HDCS facilities and infrastructure to reduce resource consumption and make SF State a model of sustainable best practices.
- Effectively manage projects and daily operations to ensure that new rules, regulations, or other changes in operations are communicated in a clear and timely manner.
- Promotes departmental understanding and ensures compliance with Federal, State, CSU, University and division policies, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Advises and educates University employees, HDCS customers and stakeholders about relevant compliance requirements, trends, industry best practices and loss control/injury and illness prevention solutions.
Financial Reporting and Control
- Develop/implement policies and procedures intended to ensure the department is fiscally sound and is in accordance with division, University and CSU.
- Ensures the successful day-to-day financial management of the portfolio and maintains all necessary financial records in good order.
- Maintains compliance within the budget during the fiscal year in order to ensure fiscal integrity.
- Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User-Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conduct for a Multi-Cultural University (P30D)
- Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor's degree in facilities management, engineering, business administration, or a closely related field
- 7 years of progressively, responsible and successful leadership and management of complex facility operations with responsibility for facilities management, building maintenance and related projects, energy management and conservation, personnel management, professional development and training, industrial safety programs and function-specific financial management in a campus environment
- Advanced knowledge of CMMS and MS Office Software
Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge, experience, proficiency and success
- In managing represented staff under collective bargaining agreements
- In the preparation, justification, forecasting, management, and monitoring of budgets
- In defining, constructing, and performing complex economic analysis and modeling to evaluate life-cycle cost, payback purchase-lease alternatives, etc., as a basis for making operational business decisions
- In developing and writing Request for Proposals (RFPs), service contract requirements and specifications, and performance and service contract specifications
- In the identification, development and deployment of safety programs and accident prevention strategies as applicable to large facilities and/or organizations, industrial/institutional maintenance repair and renovation operations, and with consideration to CAL-OSHA Industrial Safety Orders
- In the promotion and consistent use of administrative and supervisory skills to optimize program outcomes.
- In written, oral and digital communications - to effectively communicate to all levels, and across organizational lines, of a large organization
- In issue/problem prediction, detection, avoidance, mitigation and resolution, including use of appropriate and/or required communication strategies involving stakeholders representing all facets of a large organization and client community (ex: staff, faculty, students, family members, alumni, donors, grantors, local government, community neighbors, emergency service and utility providers, contractors, experts, the general public, media. . .)
- In coordinating the activities of a complex, multifaceted operation to provide effective support and services to a diverse, multi-cultural constituency
- Experience in property management, multi family or general university housing
- Knowledge of San Francisco State University and California State University practices and policies
- Experience with California tenant laws and Title 5
- Experience in assessment and application of APPA and ISSA standards in an institutional environment, as well as knowledge of the latest technologies in custodial products and equipment.
Special Working Conditions
- The Director for Facilities Housing must maintain a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the division and San Francisco State University.
- The incumbent is on an on-call rotation and is expected to respond to emergencies or after hour situations.
- The incumbent is required to carry and respond to a university issued cell phone at all times.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.
CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only)
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exceptions. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
CSU strongly encourages faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process are encouraged to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/sf/en-us/job/527848/director-housing-facilities-administrator-ii-housing-dining-and-conference-services
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency