Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
This position manages capital and maintenance construction projects for the University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC). Work may include feasibility studies, planning, design, estimating, construction administration and coordinating outside design consultants and on-call construction contractors. This position is responsible for interfacing and communicating with various departments and tenants on the University campus.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field such as construction management, construction science or engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience planning, managing, and coordinating construction projects.
- Experience with building systems (architectural and MEP).
- Experience with construction budgeting.
- Experience with industry cost estimating systems.
- Experience with design and construction contracts, contract law, public contracting code, and construction claims procedures.
- Experience with 2018 IBC and 2010 ADA Standards.
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Master's degree in Architecture.
- Licensed architect in the state of Kansas.
- LEED AP Certified.
- ARCH GIS Experience.
- Experience with Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) and Kansas Office of Facilities and project management (OFPM) policies and procedures.
- Experience with construction inspections.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Provide architectural design and coordinate engineering and other professionals for development of a final set of construction documents for medium to large size projects.
- Assist departments and university leadership in evaluation of needs and identification of priorities.
- Exhibit proficiency with building codes, national standards and guidelines as related to new construction and renovations of facilities.
- Prepare and/or review compliance code footprints, ADA compliance, and specifications for capital projects, ensuring all specifications, codes, policies, and design standards are met.
- Partner with our deferred/asset management team to prioritize projects and geographically map assets on campus.
- Communicate and collaborate across all levels and groups, including the ability to listen and foster dialogue across a wide range of stakeholders\.
- Incorporate thought leadership and expertise in leadership development, coaching and technology trends that drive innovation, managing a broad range of third-party relationships when needed.
Project Management and Construction Administration including:
- Oversee the design and construction process of projects.
- Monitor progress to ensure on time and within budget completion.
- Lead design meetings with clients.
- Verify and report project cost controls/budgets and authorize payment applications.
- Review shop drawings and submittals.
- Monitor changes to projects and recommend remedial measures where necessary.
- Provide oversight of project inspections and testing, and accepting, subsequent to review, project warranties, guarantees, as-built documentation and oversight of close-out procedures and acceptance of completed projects.
- Serve as point-of-contact with departments, surrounding tenants, and Zone Manager prior to construction commencing, during construction activities, throughout the warranty period, and beyond.
- Coordinate the work of KUMC departments involved in the Construction activities including Telecom, KUMC Police and those affected by our work such as the Post Office, neighborhood, etc.
Coordinate contract management activities, including, but not limited to:
- Write Terms & Conditions, Scopes of Work and finalizing other contractual information.
- Collaborate with the procurement team on new RFP's.
- Provide bid phase documents to purchasing and assist with final selection of contractors.
- Review contract documents for constructability prior to the documents going out to bid.
- Assist contractors through KUMC processes and procedures if problems arise.
- Cover Letter
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Coverage begins on day one for health, dental, and vision insurance and includes health expense accounts with generous employer contributions if the employee participates in a qualifying health plan. Employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and various additional voluntary insurance plans are available. Paid time off, including vacation and sick, begins accruing upon hire, plus nine paid holidays. One paid discretionary day is available after six months of employment, and paid time off for bereavement, jury duty, military service, and parental leave is available after 12 months of employment. A retirement program with a generous employer contribution and additional voluntary retirement programs (457 or 403b) are available. https://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefits.html
The pay range listed for this position is determined by our compensation program using market data and salary benchmarking. A combination of factors is considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, education, experience and training, qualifications relative to the requirements of the position, and funding. At the University of Kansas Medical Center, a reasonable estimate for the starting pay range will be the minimum to midpoint of the posted range, taking into account the combination of factors listed above.
$75,000.00 - $115,000.00
To learn more and apply online, please visit https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/kumc-jobs/job/Kansas-City-Metro-Area/Architect-II_JR005763 or go to https://careers.kumc.edu/ and search for position number JR005763.
Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Centers mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KUMC offers a range of great benefits that support employees and eligible family members. Our health insurance benefits begin on hire date and KUMC offers other exciting benefits such as paid parental leave, generous employer retirement contributions and other resources to improve health and well-being. For more information, please visit https://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefits.html
KU is an EO/AAE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information or protected Veteran status. http://policy.ku.edu/IOA/nondiscrimination
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency