This ad is expired.
Assistant Vice President of Facilities Management
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Assistant Vice President of Facilities Management, Boca Raton, FL.
The Assistant Vice President (AVP-FM) is personally and fiscally responsible to the Vice President for Administrative Affairs and Chief Administrative Officer. The position must direct and coordinate the operational and developmental planning of all campus facilities at Florida Atlantic University to support the academic, research and service mission of the University. Charge includes design development, construction, and renovation of campus facilities and maintenance of same, engineering and utilities, physical plant, as well as other vital campus services.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Acts as agent for the University in coordinating work with architects/engineers/consultants, contractors, and all other areas within FM. Works closely with all areas within Administrative Affairs such as EH&S, Police, Business Services, and other campus agencies/departments who interface with Facilities.
- Coordinates applicable training. Develops Facilities employees' interpersonal skills in order to target customer relationships and services. Promotes harmony within the Facilities department to realize high morale and cooperative spirit.
- Interacts withall levelswithin the department with a'hands on'attitude and work philosophy. Fosters an environment of creativity, participative leadership, entrepreneurship and mutual respect for all employees within the department (at all levels) and an environment that nurtures a team approach to getting the job done. Spends time out in the field to see first-hand employees at work, the condition of the campuses, the quality of the workmanship and provides guidance when particular conditions or problems arise.
- Responsible for responding to emergency situations that occur at all days, hours, etc. Responsible for assessing the situation and communicating to VP and other members as needed. Responsible for working with FM teams to develop recovery plans and communicate such plans.
- Responsible for maintaining adherence to all policies and regulations of the department, University, Florida Board of Governors and State of Florida statutes. Continually review departmental policies for continual improvement and holds all FM employees accountable for following policies. Responsible for all required reporting to the BOG, BOT, and VP.
- Ensures that all purchasing including bids for services adhere to approved university and state guidelines for firm selection.
- Understands the nature and needs of an aging infrastructure and has experiences with innovative models to maintain facilities in an environment of limited resources. Works to continually develop and promote a vibrant preventative maintenance program. Works with an entrepreneurial spirit to maximize budget. This includes; performing both design, small projects and other work internally versus contracting out, seek innovative ways to maximize budget through cost efficiencies and other means. Approaches the management of FM utilizing Lean Management principles.
- Places high emphasis on customer service and develops methods to assess service levels throughout the university.
- Works closely with FM team, Administrative Affairs Team, and applicable University members on ensuring FM policies and protocols are updated and in compliance with university, BOG, state regulations, laws, and the like. Works to develop and update FM design standards to apply to both new construction and renovations. Ensures that the entire FM team (all applicable disciplines from each FM area – Engineering & Utilities, Physical Plant) is involved with new construction and remodels in the design, review of drawings, etc. to ensure that systems selected etc. are compatible with systems already in place, maintenance costs and approaches are considered when selections are made and the like.
- Coordinates the work and provides leadership to a wide range of professional and technical staff members and consultants engaged in architecture, engineering, construction, budgets, facility inventories, plant operations and maintenance, master planning as well as other technical services.
- Serves as a resource for the University on campus committees, such as Master Planning, Space Utilization, Safety, etc.
- Assists in developing long-range plans (deferred maintenance, master plans, preventative maintenance, and budgets) for review and approval by VP.
- Develops and makes recommendations of data and other information for use by the University Administration in making presentations of agenda items to the Board of Trustees, Board of Governors and others. This includes, but not limited to Capital projects, space utilization and other facilities-related matters.
- Leads, develops, recommends and implements approved long-range and short-term planning schedules - includes, but not limited to: the 5-year Major, Minor, Campus Master Plan, Annual Maintenance plan, etc.
- Coordinates and communicates short-term, and long-range campus vision and mission statements for the entire Facilities Management department to all employees on a continuous basis.
- Directs the development and continued enhancement of robust data relating to all units and all aspects associated with the department.
- Maintains memberships in various professional organizations and attends applicable professional meetings as budget permits to keep abreast of latest developments for the program areas under the jurisdiction of this position.
- Acts as a university liaison with local, state, and federal governmental agencies with regard to land use, master planning, and construction.
- Places emphasis on continual efficiency improvements with a concentration on cost reduction while maintaining quality of service and product. Approves payments (or delegates), as prepared and recommended by direct-reports to contractors and vendors for satisfactory completion of the University's contracted projects.
- Oversees the FM Business Office and reviews prepared annual budgets and works with Business Office to ensure fiscal oversight.
- Maintains an adequate level of risk and liability insurance coverage for all campus facilities, equipment and personnel in cooperation with the campus Risk Manager.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
This position has access to financial and personnel records that must be maintained under strict security. Position is responsible for safeguard measures to avoid loss or destruction of irreplaceable files of data and to prevent access to such data by unauthorized persons.
Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization (Engineering, Architecture, Construction / Project Management) and ten (10) years of experience as a Facilities Manager of significant Construction/Engineering projects at an institution of higher education or similar environment is required.
Professional registration in Florida or the ability to obtain that professional registration within a short term upon hire, if applicable.
Extensive hands-on experience (5 or more years) in communicating, interacting and training other facilities managers at all levels is required.
For more information and to apply, visitwww.fau.edu/jobsand go to Apply Now REQ11767.
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency