The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the shared services organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges located in Southern California. Today, TCCS is a nationally recognized educational model for academic support, student support and institutional support services to meet the needs of 6,300 students and 2,300 faculty and staff. Some of the more than 30 different services include: campus safety, a central library, health and counseling services, cultural centers, central bookstore, physical plant and facilities support, payroll and accounting, information technology, real estate, risk management and employee benefits.
TCCS is committed to offering a work environment that is supportive, collaborative, accountable and enjoyable. TCCS offers generous time off benefits, employer-paid retirement contributions, tuition remission benefits and professional development opportunities. Our employees also take advantage of discounted meals provided in the TCCS caf, regular employee events and an opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues.
This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining assigned work areas The Claremont Colleges Services. The position reports to the Supervisor of Building Attendants. This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining assigned work areas of The Claremont Colleges Services.
- Clean and disinfect a variety of surfaces
- Scrub and refinish floors and carpets
- Operate mechanical floor cleaners, polishers and carpet cleaning equipment
- Set-up and breakdown furniture for meetings and special events
- Activates and deactivates alarm systems
- Request cleaning supplies and maintains supply closets and carts
- 1 year experience in custodial /building maintenance assignments
- Ability to climb ladders up to 20 feet and able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions in English
- Requires a valid license and driving record acceptable to TCCS insurance carrier
- High School Graduation or equivalent
- Must provide evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Required Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Must possess knowledge of maintenance, use, safe, operation, and repair of cleaning supplies, tools and equipment. Must have knowledge of cleaning chemicals. Must have knowledge of safe working methods and procedures.
- Requires ability to learn proper use of Fire Extinguishers
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, push, pull, stoop, twist, stretch, lift up to 50 pounds from ground to waist level without resistance, climb ladders up to ten feet unassisted and up to twenty feet unassisted, and be able to work on feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently clean and maintain an assigned area within a predetermined time schedule.
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Must have ability to work well without continuous supervision.
- Must wear uniforms and safety equipment as required.
This is a full time, 40 hour a week, position. The regular schedule is Wednesday - Sunday, 1 pm - 9:30 pm. Holiday, weekend and evening work hours may be required. Regular hours may vary due to needs of the organization or business unit.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TCCS_Careers/job/Claremont/Building-Attendant_REQ-3565
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency