Director, Facilities Management & Operations -closing date is on November 19, 2020
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Under the general supervision of an assigned administrator, responsible for all aspects of facilities and operations including planning, maintenance, operations, grounds, facilities renovation, capital improvement projects, transportation, environmental, safety, and energy management and conservation.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives limited direction from an executive administrator.
Incumbents supervise assigned staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Employ appropriate, efficient and cost-effective procedures pertaining to a large physical plant.
- Professionally manage a major department of the College in an effective and
- Provide effective leadership to the managers and staff in the maintenance and operations department through effective communication.
- Oversee renovation, construction and capital projects.
- Implement general directions and board policies.
- Apply the provisions of the employee relations contract.
- Account for the work performed, as well as the work outstanding.
- Communicate both orally and in writing in an effective and articulate manner.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Support the District in achieving its mission, vision, and strategic goals as appropriate in carrying out the duties of this position.
- Focus on student success, service excellence, and willingness to assist colleagues as needed.
- Principles of staff and management operations applicable to a major college department including supervision, administrative systems development, employee relations and performance monitoring.
- Maintenance, operations and repair of electrical/mechanical systems and equipment.
- Preventative maintenance, deferred maintenance, and energy management and conservation.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn computers and computer applications that support management systems and student services functions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree or higher in Plant Engineering, Facilities Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related field.
Four (4) years of related responsible experience with at least two (2) years of management or supervisory experience; an engineering/architectural background is desirable.
A valid Class "C" California Driver's License
- Indoor and outdoor work environment
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work and to inspect and review college facilities, maintenance and operations
- Emergency call-out
- Walking to conduct inspections
- Bending at waist
- Working around machinery, moving vehicles or construction sites
|Management Salary Schedule |
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 110,028
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 131,379
- External Closing Date: Nov 20, 2020
- External Opening Date: Sep 24, 2020
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency