Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Electrician position. The Electrician is a full-time, year-round position, job group and level PT-2. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the w ays in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
To install, maintain, repair, and operate all primary and secondary electrical distribution systems on campus. These systems include voltages ranging from 13,800 volts to 24 volts; Medium Voltage System, Fire Alarm Systems, Fire Suppression Systems, Intrusion Alarm Systems, Fire Pump Systems, Sprinkler Systems, Computerized Lighting Control Systems, exterior Emergency Call Phone System, Pedestrian Crosswalk Systems, Emergency Generator Distribution Systems, Network Transfer Switches, Elevators, Wheelchair Lifts, Fiber Optic Network System, Card Access System, Telephone/Computer Systems, Solar Distribution Systems, Emergency Responder Radio Coverage System, Harmonic Filter Systems, Variable Speed Drives, Chiller Control Centers and Building Management Systems.
The position is considered an essential position meaning the employee is expected to report to work even if the College is closed for weather-related or other reasons. Due to the nature of the position, some work outside normal operation hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays) is required and must respond to emergencies as needed.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
General and Planned Maintenance of Systems
- Work orders are associated with the continued maintenance required to maintain the high level of operation of these essential systems.
- Planned maintenance programs to keep the integrity of all the systems.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with a diverse set of colleagues.
Installation of Systems
- New installations of any primary, emergency, life safety, and secondary systems associated with space upgrades, renovations, or expansion of systems.
System Repair Response
- Response and execution of emergency calls on all primary, emergency, life safety, and secondary systems.
- High school or vocational high school diploma, or equivalent.
- A Massachusetts Journeyman Electrical License.
- A valid driver's license and successful credentialing are required in order to operate college vehicles.
- An acceptable criminal offender records information (CORI) check.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical and lift test.
- More than 5 years of experience in residential, commercial, and industrial electrical work
- Strong written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with or commitment to working with a diverse community
- More than 10 years' experience in residential, commercial, and industrial electrical work.
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may apply).
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for Benefits Information .
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs . Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this link.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/QlGzmMuAdyrYt2q7ugNbY
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency