CDU Strives for EXCELLENCE! Join a team of diverse professionals and start your career today with Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. We are seeking extraordinary and dedicated individuals to achieve the mission that drives us all: to cultivate diverse health professional leaders are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underserved populations…. As a member of CDU faculty, or staff you'll achieve EXCELLENCE in a welcoming community of passionate medical school professionals.
At CDU we are seeking a talented Facilities Manager.
Under the general direction of the Sr. Vice President of Advancement, the Facilities Manager oversees facilities management and maintenance for the University. Areas of responsibility will include infrastructure maintenance and repair, building safety, and grounds keeping. Responsible for the management of institutional custodial, maintenance, shipping and receiving, mailroom, and operations specialist.
- Supervises a team of custodial, maintenance, and trade employees in the repair, maintenance and daily operations of facilities and equipment.
- Ensures facilities personnel are adequately trained to discharge their responsibilities and adhere to facilities and building services policies and procedures
- Establishes/monitors goals and objectives and conducts performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Provides full, direct supervision of employees in managing complex building maintenance, operation and repair activities by providing technical expertise and planning, layout, assignment, scheduling and monitoring of work.
- Direct the work of contract service providers.
- Coordinates procurement of parts, tools and equipment for the work team.
- Understands and utilizes multiple building control systems and trains staff on building control systems and use of the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Ensures all buildings, grounds, and equipment are well maintained and in optimal working condition.
- Oversee repairs and maintenance projects to ensure timely and effective completion.
- Conducts periodic inspections of facilities, assesses problems and needs, and implements preventive maintenance improvements in operations as appropriate.
- Performs and/or oversees HVAC maintenance and repair.
- Ensures OSHA requirements are effectively implemented.
- Keeps the SVP informed of facility activities and brings solutions to significant problems to the attention the department's senior manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with an emphasis on management, administration, and/or equivalent area.
- Five years of relevant experience in complex building mechanical maintenance and operations work, including at least two years leading maintenance and operations work. OR Two years of technical training in building mechanical maintenance and three years' experience leading work teams.
- Experience in facilities management, project management, and management of people and processes.
- Experience in an academic, research or clinical environment with responsibility for facilities planning and management functions across a large campus.
- Proficient with facilities-related software
- Exceptional communication skills, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and the ability to effectively interact and build trusted relationships with diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Knowledge of proper methods, techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in building maintenance and operation, including current fire and life safety systems, and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Knowledge of architectural design layout
- Knowledge of safety requirements for maintenance and operation of University buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Knowledge of energy conservation programs and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects; excellent organizational and delegation skills and the ability to work collaboratively. Must have strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills to manage complex tasks and/or those that require balancing competing interests.
- HVAC License preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
For more information and to apply, https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/3837
At Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, our employees\\' well-being is important to us. CDU continues to offer health and wellness benefits to help employees stay healthy and provide financial protection against high medical costs. The program incorporates a variety of benefit plans from which employees can choose. The following summary provides a brief overview and high level summary of the benefits that may be available as a member of the faculty or staff working at least 20 hours per week in a regular or conditional position at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. For more information, visit https://www.cdrewu.edu/academics/facultystaff/Offices/Benefits
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency