This ad is expired.
Ringling College of Art and Design is seeking a full-time Groundskeeper to perform landscape maintenance by following landscape design and maintenance schedules. Ringling College is located near beautiful downtown Sarasota, Florida, and Gulf-of-Mexico beaches. Additional information about the College is available at http://www.ringling.edu
The mission of the Facilities Operations Department is to provide safe, clean, functional and sustainable environments with a common goal of supporting students, faculty, and staff in their endeavors to achieve academic excellence. Members of Facilities Operations may be required to work weekends, holidays, in emergency situations, and may be subject to "on-call" responsibilities.
The successful candidate will enjoy working outdoors performing a variety of landscaping tasks and learning new techniques to beautify and enhance the physical campus environment. The successful candidate will be capable of working safely with minimal supervision and will have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide general landscape maintenance including but not limited to mowing lawns, pruning trees and shrubs, detailing flower beds, providing set-up and take-down for events; using equipment such as ladders, saws, and lifts. The anticipated work schedule will be Tuesday through Saturday. The successful candidate will come into regular contact with co-workers and supervisors along with occasional and casual contact with visitors, students, staff members, faculty, etc. The Main Campus is a world class facility comprised of approximately 60 acres, 100 buildings, and 1,600 students.
Ringling College of Art and Design offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental coverage; term life insurance; participation in a tax-deferred retirement plan; paid holidays, vacation leave, and sick leave.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Commercial experience in the care and maintenance of landscapes, landscape construction and irrigation.
- Experienced in the proper methods used in planting and maintaining hedges, trees, shrubs, lawns, and flowers in the subtropical regions of Florida.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Certification in Green Industry - Best Management Practices (GI-BMP) Limited Commercial
- Florida Commercial Fertilizer Applicator License
- Florida Limited Lawn and Ornamental Applicator License
- Certified Arborist
Open until filled. Apply on-line <https://ringling.simplehire.com/postings/2808
Ringling College is an equal opportunity employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency