HVAC Technician III
Ringling College of Art and Design is seeking a full-time HVAC Technician III. Ringling College is located near beautiful downtown Sarasota, Florida and Gulf-of-Mexico beaches. Additional information about the College is available at http://www.ringling.edu
The mission of the Facilities Operations Department is to provide safe, clean, functional and sustainable environments with a common goal of supporting students, faculty, and staff in their endeavors to achieve academic excellence. Members of Facilities Operations may be required to work weekends, holidays, in emergency situations, and may be subject to "on-call" responsibilities.
The HVAC Technician leads troubleshooting and repair efforts on commercial grade heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC) systems and multi-zone systems that incorporate electronic and/or programmable logic controls. Programs, troubleshoots and schedules demand loads on multiple Building Management Systems (BMS). Develops plans for HVAC modifications, and leads the installation of components that require controls programming and linkage to the campus central control system. Evaluate repairs, identifying materials and hours required. Establishes and manages regular and preventative maintenance schedules on all HVAC systems.
The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge of and skills in HVAC trade, including, digital, and central energy management system controls employing computer-based monitoring and control devices. They will be computer proficient using a PC in a Windows environment; have the ability to interpret Building Management software diagrams, including the ability to program, troubleshoot and schedule multiple Building Management Systems. The HVAC Tech will make electrical and copper repairs on A/C units, i.e., sweating copper. They will display knowledge of safety laws and regulations, and adhere to local, state and federal codes. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; use all appropriate tools. This position participates in "on-call" responsibilities.
- 5 years of verifiable experience as an HVAC technician, with experience in institutional or commercial environments.
- Universal Certificate of CFC Qualification.
- Experience in commercial refrigeration.
- Two years' experience in electronic controls and DDC systems (i.e Trane, Johnson Controls, or Allerton or other similar type system)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Driver's License.
Required: Background and motor vehicle report.
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE) Certification.
- Graduation from an accredited trade school in a HVAC or related field.
- Experience working with central plant systems.
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm; additional hours as business necessitates
Open until filled. Apply on-line: https://ringling.simplehire.com
Ringling College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency