Virginia Community College System
Facilities Management Services seeks a highly motivated individual for the position of Lead Reviewer/Program Manager who reports to the Deputy Chief Facilities Officer for Facilities Management Services. This position:
- Provides oversight and review coordination of architectural and engineering plans for projects to assure that VCCS projects conform to good construction practices.
- Is responsible for reviewing and/or coordinating reviews of plans and specifications of projects prior to submission to Division of Engineering and Buildings to ensure that plans are complete, coordinated, code complaint, and consistence with requirements of the VCCS capital outlay process.
- Is responsible for staff supervision and contract administration for design and construction of assigned projects at selected community college campuses.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment requiring professional interaction with architects/engineers, college faculty and staff, community college Presidents, and members of the State Board for Community Colleges.
- Virginia License as Registered Architect, or ability to obtain such within three years. Registration as a Professional Engineer and a Certified building Official will be considered with appropriate experience.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture or engineering with emphasis in building design
- ICC Building Plans Examiner and Commercial Building Inspector certifications within one year of employment
- Virginia Driver's license
- Knowledge, skill and ability in architectural design and engineering best practices.
- Knowledge of building code and constructability issues with design projects.
- Ability to coordinate with staff and consultants during the process of review and to perform high level administrative support in a higher education environment.
- Computer expertise with knowledge in the use of Adobe, Microsoft Office products and/or other related electronic software applications.
- The ability to perform high level planning and administrative support in a public higher education environment is required.
- The ability to travel, occasionally overnight, to state institutions for meetings and inspections.
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Architecture with emphasis in building design
- Substantial professional experience in an A/E professional practice in proper application of VUSBC and American Disability Act Standards or ANSI Standards in design and construction projects
This position resides in the VCCS System Office at the Arboretum in Richmond, VA. The option to work remotely is available for a portion of the work week.
To view the full job posting, qualifications and benefits go to https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/34029. This position will remain open until filled; however, review of additional applicants will be conducted as received.
About the VCCS:
The System: The VCCS is comprised of 23 community colleges located on 40 campuses throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Our colleges provide programs and courses of instruction through the associate-degree level, encompassing occupational-technical education, college transfer education, general education, developmental education, continuing education, and workforce development. We provide access to quality higher educational opportunities and workforce training throughout the Commonwealth.
Our Students: Virginia's Community Colleges are open access institutions, serving individuals, families, businesses, and communities across the Commonwealth. We take great pride in the incredible diversity of our collective student bodies, from high school students to nonagenarians; from the first in their family to attend college to an increasing number of veterans and military-related students; along with individuals from every race and ethnicity. Students of color make up about 40 percent of enrollment across our colleges.
Richmond: The greater Richmond area offers the beautiful James River, wonderful restaurants, shopping, kayaking, fishing, boating, state of the art hospitals, world class museums, shows, concerts and festivals, automobile racing, and much more. The City of Richmond which has been recognized for its efforts to promote racial healing and equity, is within 2 hours of Washington, D.C, and about a 90-minute drive to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean.
The VCCS provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about the VCCS at www.vccs.edu.
The Virginia Community College System Office is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to fostering, cultivating, and sustaining a culture of diversity and inclusion. The VCCS encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and those with disabilities in our effort to reflect our diverse society.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency