University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5478
Regular/Temporary: Regular Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full time (1.0 FTE)
Position Summary: Under general direction, perform journey level maintenance and service of all types of mechanical and plumbing systems. Maintain repairs and installation of campus wide mechanical and plumbing systems including but not limited to: air handling units, fans, boilers, hot water heaters, chillers, and air conditioners, sewer, plumbing systems & equipment, and HVAC controls.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- The maintenance mechanic oversees the skilled maintenance, repair and installation of mechanical, pneumatic, and steam control equipment.
- Repairs and troubleshoots plumbing, air handling equipment, hot water systems, and heating/cooling systems.
- Communicates with vendors and utilities for services or assistance.
- Completion of work orders for the campus community.
- Inspection of Mechanical space and building support system, making reports and creating work orders for maintenance or repair.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance of Equipment as assigned.
- Occasionally assist other shops and mechanics in the performance of their duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lift or carry up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to push or pull up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to repair/troubleshoot heating, cooling and air handling equipment.
- Installation and repairs of various pumps, motors, valves.
- Knowledge of energy management system.
- Knowledge and experience with various hand tools, power tools, testers.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Washington State driver's license
- Ability to obtain an Operating Class IV Boiler Fireman certification (City of Tacoma) within a year period
- 4 years of relevant experience
- This is a skilled craftsman position which requires continued education to maintain licenses as required by the State of Washington and the City of Tacoma.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
- Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nations most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency